Are green jobs really a boost to the economy? Despite being touted as a country that has implemented green jobs successfully, Spain’s green jobs program has produced less than stellar results. Professor Gabriel Calzada shares findings from his recent study on Spain’s green jobs with Glenn Beck. Among the study’s findings (link to the full study below):
– For every 1 green job financed by Spanish taxpayers, 2.2 real jobs were lost as an opportunity cost
– 9 out of 10 green jobs created by Spain over the past 10 years are no longer in existence today.
– Since 2000, Spain has spent €571,138 ($753,778) to create each green job, including subsidies of more than €1 million ($1,319,783) per wind industry job.
– Those programs resulted in the destruction of nearly 113,000 jobs elsewhere in the economy.
– Each green megawatt installed destroyed 5.39 jobs in non-energy sectors of the Spanish economy.